Nov 28, 2007

Fido Broke My Heart











(Update - Check out Fido's response to this post here)

Thank you for the call Fido Customer Service Rep. #50975621. I really appreciate that you appreciate my business. You called me at dinner time, but I agreed to talk to you because you said that you wanted to reward me for being a long time customer.

Then you broke my heart.

You told me that my reward for being a customer for over 5 years, was that I could add another line to my account, a line I could give to a friend or family member. My reward is that I can recommend you to a friend? Gee thanks.

Why the sales pitch? If you truly valued my patronage, why don't you add a small credit to my account, offer to upgrade my phone early or even send me a thank you note? I would be far more likely to recommend you to my friends if you did. You had a great opportunity to impress me, and you blew it. Oh and by the way, it's Mr. Sloss, not Floss, though I doubt that it matters to you.

Signed

A disappointed, but not surprised, customer.


P.S. I am really looking forward to the added competition in wireless markets, as reported by the CBC here.

No comments: